Engineered citrus juice (“Superjuice”)

Nope! Escali does not make a suitable scale for weighing these sub-100g amounts of chemicals.

Numerous suitable pocket scales are available for under $25, some cost as little as $10.

Personally, I favor AWS scales, like this one.

This Maxus is probably fine. This one is probably fine, too. This Fuzion one is probably fine.

This is not like a pinch of salt in cooking. You’re going to be way off, and even if you somehow manage to swing acceptable results, you’ll have no reproducibility. Basically, without a proper scale, you’re just wasting your time.

1 Like

Just found this, not sure if anyone saw/posted it but thought I would share. The measurements are slightly different, and in all honestly I tried it today, but even in error it’s way better than “straight” lime juice. Its my new way of making cocktails at home.

1 Like

Trying batch #2 again now, that being said, the first batch was pretty good, let’s see!

I’ve bought my share of these jeweler’s scales. Used to be that 0.05 gram precision was pretty nice. Now, all the scales Martin linked have 0.01 gram precision—but the error is +/- 0.03 grams. Pretty funny that the technology is probably exactly the same, but the marketing’s more aspirational.

Yea I got mine dirt cheap but yes, I measured both amounts of peel side by side with both Escape & Fuzion - they varied by as much as .09 grams, but mostly less than .05 - I am on the right track, but honestly I think the first batch of super juice was better with the (human) error of more citric acid, this one was too sour as the last was too tart due to my own error. Thankfully limes are cheap these days so I will try again during the week.