Sometimes a spade is best left a spade, with no gewgaws, just a quality build.
- 1 ounce green crème de menthe, preferably Marie Brizard
- 1 ounce crème de cacao, preferably Tempus Fugit
- 1 1/2 ounces heavy cream
Garnish: shaved chocolate
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a Nick and Nora glass.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate.
I’m not generally into this sort of thing, but even I wouldn’t turn down one of Dale’s Grasshoppers once in a while. Just look at Lizzie’s photo—SOLD!
Even Dale’s current version has grown up a little, though. This takes me back to the tiny bar at Beacon around 2000, where @AudreySaunders would sometimes turn out Grasshoppers in giant V-shaped cocktail glasses. I think she used that chocolate “magic shell” syrup to decorate the inside of the glass. At least that’s what I recall. This was many years ago, and I drink.