Titanic Cocktail Menu

I found this Titanic Cocktail menu on Reddit while trying to research the cocktails served. I dont know if this is a replica or something that reproduced from a preserved copy, but the prices seem high for 1912. (I know it was a luxury liner but still). Also, a lot of these cocktails I cannot find much about like TRINITY or LONE TREE, they only appear after the Titanic sank/post prohibition. Any thoughts and/or resources? I did check the database here, only Orange Blossom came up. The others we know (Martini, Sidecar, Clover Club, etc). Curious to know more, thanks!

PS - Also, I am curious to what these other bottles of “Spirits” were in aside from the usual.

The Titanic manifest states that there were at least 850 bottles of spirits including17 cases of cognac, 70 cases of wine and 191 cases of liquor.

Wasn’t the Titanic at the bottom of the ocean before the Sidecar emerged?

Yeah, if this is an actual White Star Line drink menu and not a fabrication, it’s from the early 1930s—they were out of business in 1934. Definitely not a Titanic drink menu.

Both the Trinity and Lone Tree are Martinis. Here are recipes for both from Harry McElhone’s 1923 ABC:

3 Likes

I couldn’t easily drum up an earlier drinks menu from the Titanic years, but I found this, so at the very least, some collectors have menus from the Olympic.

1 Like

Hi all,
I was wondering when this would pop up!
Veronica Hinke was pitched and wrote an entire book based on this article.
I think I do have a menu somewhere and more notes. I’ll try to fill the holes by the end of the week.
Thanks,
Frank

3 Likes